2023 Summer Giveaway
1. The Pennsylvania Society 2023 Summer Giveaway is being conducted by The Pennsylvania Society, 139 Freeport Road, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15215. For more information you may contact The Pennsylvania Society by telephone at 215-233-2650 or by email at email@example.com.
2. The prize includes a complimentary two-night suite at the InterContinental New York Barclay located at 111 E 48th Street, New York, New York 10017 presented to one (1) winner. The prize is valued at approximately $2,500. The prize is not transferable and must be taken during the weekend of The Pennsylvania Society's Annual Holiday Dinner on December 1-2, 2023. The prize winner is responsible for all expenses not listed in these rules, including any travel expenses, food, parking, incidentals, and for payment of any applicable federal, state, and/or local taxes. The prize winner is also responsible for compliance with any applicable federal, state, and/or local laws and/or regulations. The Pennsylvania Society reserves the right to, but is under no obligation to, substitute the prize of equal or greater value or to award a cash value if the prize is not available.
3. You will be automatically entered into the 2023 Summer Giveaway if you sponsor or second someone for new membership in The Pennsylvania Society from July 19, 2023 at 9:00 a.m. eastern standard time until October 9, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. eastern standard time. To sponsor or second someone for new membership, you must be an active, good standing member of The Pennsylvania Society for at least three years and otherwise be eligible to nominate a new member.
4. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO WIN and a purchase or member sponsorship does not increase your chances of winning. Any member of The Pennsylvania Society may enter the 2023 Summer Giveaway in person at our office at 139 Freeport Road, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15215, or by contacting us by phone or email with your name, address and phone number no later than October 9, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. eastern standard time. Each member may only enter once. The odds of winning will be determined by the number of entries.
5. The 2023 Summer Giveaway is open only to residents of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, 18 years of age or older, who are members in good standing of The Pennsylvania Society.
6. Employees or Council Members of The Pennsylvania Society, or their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside), and those living in the same household of each such individual, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win.
7. The winner will be selected by random drawing on October 10, 2023 at 12:00 p.m. eastern standard time at the offices of The Pennsylvania Society located at 139 Freeport Road, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15215. Following the drawing and verification of eligibility, the
winner will be notified and an email announcement will be made to all members. If you would like written notice of the winner, please provide us with a self-addressed stamped envelope.
8. An eligible individual need not be present to win. The Pennsylvania Society will make every attempt to notify the winner immediately following the drawing. If the winner has not responded within 30 days of the drawing, The Pennsylvania Society reserves the right to select another winner for the prize.
9. The Pennsylvania Society reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify or terminate the 2023 Summer Giveaway in the event of any act, or occurrence, or other reason that The Pennsylvania Society believes in its sole judgment that the integrity, administration, or fairness of the giveaway is jeopardized.
10. The winner, by accepting the prize, agrees that The Pennsylvania Society may use his or her name and/or photograph for publicity purposes (in all media including but not limited to, radio, television, website, and print) without further notice or compensation.
11. By entering into the 2023 Summer Giveaway, entrants accept and agree to these Official Rules and waive all right to, and agree to hold The Pennsylvania Society harmless from, any claim, liability, loss, damage (including punitive, incidental, and consequential damages), or expenses (including attorneys' fees) arising out of or in connection with participation in the 2023 Summer Giveaway or the acceptance or use of the prize. The Pennsylvania Society will not be responsible for late or incomplete entries or an entrant's failure to receive prize notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or an entrant's provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information; technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any equipment or programming associated with or used in the 2023 Summer Giveaway; or any typographical, technological, or other error in the publishing of the offer, administration of the giveaway, or announcement of the prize.
12. All matters rising out of or relating to the 2023 Summer Giveaway or these Official Rules are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any of its conflict of law principles. Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or relating to the 2023 Summer Giveaway or these Official Rules shall be brought exclusively in the applicable federal or state courts located in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.